CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

General Conference Wonderment

Normally during conference I am sitting here fighting with the kids to be quiet and to listen and then about 20 minutes into it I send them upstairs to watch cartoons so I can actually hear the talks. That is how a conference USUALLY goes.

Today however was different. I prepared the kids early and told them that the first Saturday and Sunday of the month, the Prophet and some of his apostles were going to talk to us. I told them that they have this meeting 2 times a year and expect us to listen so that we can learn more about Jesus and his gospel. I mentioned to them that the Prophet gives us words of encouragement and advice to help us get through our daily lives and that he gives us commandments that we can follow, that will make it easier for us to return to live with Heavenly Father. I also told them that they could take notes. They were given the option to draw their notes in pictures or in words.

So this morning when they whined at first that they would have to sit through the whole thing, I was sure that I would be sending them upstairs within the first 30 minutes. I WAS WRONG!

All 3 of them sat through both sessions and My two older kids actually TOOK NOTES!!! And good notes too! The youngest took notes in her own little way (By scribbling). I was so Surprised. I didn't have to fight them. I didn't have to send them upstairs. It was an amazing session too. The kids heard how much the Prophet and Apostles loved them and it was neat to watch them sustain our Prophet and all the leaders of our church.

Needless to say, today was a happy day and it was enjoyable to be here listening to conference as a family, with no contention and with listening hearts.

Have a :0) Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment