CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time to clean the windows

Yesterday was a long day, with family over and a birthday party. However the day ended on a sweet and peaceful note. I was able to go to the General Relief Society meeting. Our stake does a dinner before hand and it was really good. The meeting started and we all sat down to listen. Sister Beck reminded us about the importance of knowing who we are and what our mission is. She also mentioned that it is important to learn the principles and patterns of the gospel. It is important for us to pick those up so that we will be able to continually teach them to others. Sister Allred talked to us about way to be fast and immovable, 1. Prayer, 2. Scripture Study, 3. Obedience, 4. Service. Sister Thompson talked about Visiting teaching and the importance of bearing one anothers burdens, increase in unity and love, care for and pray for the sisters on our lists. Last but SO not least, our Prophet spoke to us and told us a story about a couple who moved in to a place and the wife would talk to her husband about how the neighbors laundry is always dirty and that she didn't know how to do her laundry right. A few weeks went by (or days or whatever amount of time) and the wife woke up and noticed that her neighbors laundry was clean. She asked her husband how it was possible that she had learned how to get her laundry clean and her husband said, funny thing, I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows.

He then used this analogy to describe how we should not judge people. How we don't know what other people are experiencing in their lives or how they got there. There is no way we can know the circumstances of another. "If you judge people, you have no time to love them" (I can't remember who said it). Another quote was "To pity distress is but Human, to relieve it is Godlike." (I don't remember who said that one either.)

We need to accept people as we really are. As I got to thinking about this afterward, I got the feeling that there was more to the message for me than what was actually said. I came home and thought about it for a while and I studied my notes and it finally occurred to me that the message was much deeper. I realized at that moment that the problem with me wasn't with Judging OTHERS, my problem was Judging MYSELF. I realized that I don't see myself the same way as Christ and Heavenly Father do. I will be working on that in the next little while.

It was a beautiful meeting. I really enjoyed it.


Have a :0) day!

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys

I loved that talk as well, and I like the conclusion you came to. You are marvelous!

SarahAnne

I just watched it last night (thank you, TiVo!) and his talk was the best. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Post a Comment