CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Napping and other random Sunday things

OK so I have to tell you all that Valentines is NOT a big holiday in my house. As a matter of fact, this year was the first year I decorated in the 9 years I have been married to my loving husband. Usually I make my husband a card or a goodie and give it to him and tell him how much I love him. He usually forgets until the last moment and runs to the store to get something. Anyway Valentines hasn't been such a big deal. I have gotten use to the fact that it probably never will be either.

Anyway that is not the point of my post.

Today I went to church. Sat through our Ward conference and related to many of the stories and lessons taught. I cried in Sunday school as a member of the stake presidency got up and talked about how in order for us to experience true happiness, we have to go through sometimes awful and heartbreaking trials. Otherwise we can not experience it. Of course that is one of the many realizations I came to today.

I came home and having fallen asleep at 4 in the morning and waking up at 7:30 I was feeling a bit tired. I stayed awake as long as I could. I finally took a nap out of protest about 4:30 this afternoon. I slept way too long......as I was trying to wake up my daughter got up on the couch and took my face between her hands and said "Mommy, Wake up" She gave me a kiss and then told me to NAP again......LOL! It was so cute. It made my day. My kids are continually showing their love to me even on the days that are not set apart for LOVEY DOVEY holidays. :) That makes me really happy. I experienced the pain and frustration and trials to bring these wonderful children into the world and I am so happy because of it. Maybe it is the perfect example, maybe it is just the beginning, maybe I have many more trials to endure, maybe I have experienced the worst. Who knows. All I know is that now I am ready to take on whatever may come, I may not enjoy it but at least I know that there is a reason behind experiencing the trials and I can make it through them knowing the blessing that awaits at the end.

Have a fabulous Sunday Evening and GO USA!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment