CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finding happiness in the moment

Well let me start off by saying that it is really hard to find happiness in the moment when that moment is four in the morning and your child is sick. Taking the sheets off the bed, giving that child a bath, giving comfort when you are so tired you can barely keep your eyes open. It is often times hard to find joy when those things are happening. I was able to find joy in it though.


As I was pulling the sheets off the bed and I was giving my child a bath to clean her up, I realized that this is exactly what Heavenly Father does for us. I am not any where near perfect and I make mistakes and there have been times when I am sick. I suffer from depression, which I recently found about a year and a half ago. I am a mother and a friend, a wife and a daughter. I make mistakes. We all do.

Heavenly Father picks us up at any time. It doesn't matter what time, it matters that he is there when we need comfort. I felt that love as I gave comfort to my own child. It was a great feeling.

Recently I was listening to LDSRadio and Cherie Call interviewed Michael McLean. He is an amazing person. I have to say that he has endured through many trials. I have been following his mission to be happy blog and I am continually amazed at his joy in life. I know there are days that are hard to write something "Happy" But somehow he finds a way. His music has literally meant so much to me. I am happy that I have followed his lead in joining the Mission to Be happy. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it.

Thank you Michael for your love. It truly shows through your music and your heart.

Thank you Heavenly Father for picking me up and comforting me when I need you. Even at four in the morning!

Cynthia

0 comments:

Post a Comment