CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The dreaded Shot!

I promised. I did. I told her that it was going to hurt but that it would be worth it when she was feeling better by tomorrow. She didn't want to believe me because she hates Shots!

I am talking about my 8 year old daughter. Today we had to take her to insta-care because she had a pretty high fever (Again) and her throat was hurting her pretty badly. They were busy, busy, busy. We looked at magazines and she played on my phone while waiting. Finally after waiting for over an hour the doctor came in and told us that her culture had come back positive for strep throat (totally what I expected to hear). She then gave us the options...... 1. Take a liquid medication for 2 weeks OR 2. get the shot, one time and don't worry about it ever again.

Here are the things I know. 1. The medication works! IT does, however it takes a few days to kick in well enough for you to start feeling better. 2. The shot works. I know it does, same concept. However you start feeling better THAT DAY or THE NEXT DAY!

As I explained it to my daughter, and I told her that if she wanted to feel better quickly that she should choose the shot over the medication, she looked at me and finally said. Okay mom, I believe you.

As she got the shot, she wasn't very happy with me and she screamed! However after a few minutes and some crazy off the subject conversation and a yummy popsicle from the nurse, she was fine. She came to me this evening and said her throat still hurts a little but it feels a lot better.

It felt good to know that I was there to assure her that even though it would hurt, that it would help her feel better faster. She still loves me, even though she hates shots :)

1 comments:

Anonymous

It's great when we can be there for our kids.

Post a Comment