CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A great opportunity

In November my oldest daughter, age 8, was diagnosed with Epilepsy. When things happen to us like this I tend to lean towards serving to help me get through the tough times and to learn more about the situation that I am in. Well this time was no different. I got online and I researched a lot about Epilepsy and what causes it and what treatments are out there. I also researched support groups and associations and found an association in Utah.

It is called the Epilepsy Association of Utah. It is located in West Jordan. I contacted them through email and told them I would be very interested in learning more about Epilepsy and that I would be interested in starting a support group in Northern Utah because there wasn't one North of Salt Lake City.

Today the Executive Director came to my home and met with me and decided I would be a great candidate for starting a support group. We talked a lot about the problems people with epilepsy face and the laws that protect them. We talked about the things that my daughter may one day face.

I am excited to become the support group leader and I can't wait to learn more about Epilepsy and how I can help others know that they are not alone. I know how scary it can be to be alone in things and I know that if I can just help one person, then my job is worth it.

Cynthia

0 comments:

Post a Comment