CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Running!

I used to be a runner. I would run a few miles a day. I loved it. well that is until I got pregnant with my first kid. (Now if my parents are reading this they are probably wondering how they didn't know I used to run, well mom and dad I started running when I was in College and I have loved it since). About 4 months into my pregnancy I started showing signs of Toxemia. They put me on bed rest (as if I listened, and my parents didn't know that either because if they would have known they would have made me stay on bedrest) I tried to slow things down and I quit running. It was hard to go from running a few miles a day to NOTHING! I had to sit on the couch or rest. I tried my best to keep from doing things but I just can't sit still that long. ANYWAY not the point of the story, the point is that I like to run.

Yesterday as I was at the gym I thought to myself, hey I am overweight but I am feeling good. I turned up the treadmill speed and I began running.....IT FELT SOOOOO GOOD! I ran for 5 minutes before I had to slow down. I wasn't running really fast but fast enough to feel that wonderful burst of energy.

I am looking forward to running more often, as a matter of fact I am going to go running on the treadmill tonight....IT FEELS GREAT!!! :)

Have a happy day!

1 comments:

Anonymous

Isn't working out great! Never really did it before but now I have a treadmill as well and it makes me feel good about loosing weight that I gained from pregnancy and from being depressed but it also clears my mental state which I could use all the help I can get.... I love your Blog!

Post a Comment