CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Things that have made me happy this year! (a quick recap of the 1st 10 days of the year)

Okay so since I didn't start this on the 1st of January, here is a quick recap.

January
1st- Spent the day at my dads and with lots of family. Had yummy Mexican food.
2nd- went to my Grandparents and had a yummy lunch with the family. Good to see them again.
3rd- went to church and made an appointment for my daughter. Had a good rest and recouped for the week.
4th-went to the gym and signed up to work with a personal trainer. So excited to get into shape!
5th-Had a consultation with the physical trainer
6th- Went to the gym, worked out, slept the best I had since the surgery in October! That made me very happy
7th-Took the kids to school, got some PTA things done and had a very good day :)
8th-It was my daughters 8th birthday today! She is so excited to get baptized and that makes me happy!
9th- My family came up to go to lunch with my daughter for her birthday. She wanted to go to Golden Corral and so we did. She loved it! That makes me very happy.
10th- My daughter had her interview with the Bishop for her Baptism.

Today is January 11th. Here I am. The things that have made me happy today are nothing short of amazing.

1. I decided to do this blog. I met Michael McLean after going to the Forgotten Carols in December. I told him a little bit about my life and he suggested that maybe I needed to be on a mission to be happy. And so I thought about it for a while and here I am. Thank you Michael!

2. I am sitting on my bed in the warm sun. The warmth I feel is amazing. It feels like a big hug from the Sun. I love it!

3. I have been getting warm sticky kisses from my doughnut faced little girl. I love them.

4. I just have to share something that happened yesterday that made me really happy and then I will be done for today.....

I was sitting in Sacrament meeting and thinking about the things that had happened in the last 3 months. As I pondered the things that happened, we started singing the sacrament hymn. Thy will Oh Lord Be done.

As I sang the song, I was thinking about the words and it struck me that I had been asking our Heavenly father to stop giving me trials for a while, but as I continued to sing that song I realized that He knows what I can handle and will only give me what I can handle at that time in my life. The things that have happened in the last three months have been tragic, scary and unthinkable. I wouldn't wish them on anyone, however I would not change my situation for the world. I am glad they happened to me and they have increased my knowledge and faith in the Lord. I am ready to do his will. It is his not mine. If it means that I have to go through trials then I am willing to do so. Jesus suffered through all of these trials just so we could live with God again. If he can do it and not complain, well then I at least need to try.

I hope you will all join me on my mission to be happy. Please feel free to leave comments, I love comments, and I love all of you.

Cynthia

2 comments:

Miranda @ Someday Crafts

It's tough to be able to find the good and happy things amongst the trials and tough times you have to go through. I think it's wonderful that you're able to do so and that you're taking the time to document them! Way to go!

Anonymous

It is amazing what the influence of what one person can be. I, too, have started a happiness blog to help me focus on the good in this world. I am so happy I found yours as well, there cannot be too many of us sharing happiness and testimony.
My blog is at lyndas1969.wordpress.com -feel free to stop by.

Post a Comment